Business customer, supplier, partner, or investor
This privacy notice provides information for individuals connected with our business as customers, suppliers, business partners, stakeholders and/or investors or such other capacity with similar nature.
This privacy notice may be changed from time to time to conform to existing laws and regulations. You are advised to regularly review this for possible changes. We will notify you of material changes or amendments in the privacy regulations of Phoenix. This privacy notice was last updated on April 2, 2020.
The services we offer
Phoenix, and its subsidiaries, is a thriving nationwide network of retail and commercial channels with a wide range of products, services and business opportunities for both individual and industrial clients such as:
- Refined petroleum products and lubricants for retail and commercial channels, and bitumen used in asphalt
- Operation of oil depots, storage, and transport services
- Integrated logistics services including hauling and into-plane services of Jet A-1 fuels for airports and airlines
- FamilyMart convenience stores in the Philippines
- Phoenix SUPER LPG
- Financial services such as bills payment, money remittance, load, bank deposits, and other transactions through the Posible platform
- Phoenix Petroleum Singapore Pte. Ltd. for business trading in Southeast Asia and the rest of the world
- We also own and manage the Phoenix Fuel Masters which is a professional basketball team in the Philippine Basketball Association
If you are also a retail customer, member of a loyalty program, website visitor and/or user of a digital application of Phoenix, you can refer to our Motorist, Loyalty customer, Phoenix App user privacy notice.
Click here to know more about What We Do.
Personal data collected
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Personally identifiable information
- Business contact and other information such as but not limited to designation, department, name of the organization, and your dealings with Phoenix
- Business profiles, if applicable
- Financial information
- Publicly available or government-issued records, data, lists, and media sources
- Police and other related records, data, and declarations, if any
The personal data we collect are adequate, relevant, suitable, necessary and not excessive in relation to declared and specified purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice.
Method and timing of collection
We collect your personal data through the following means and occasions:
- Directly from you or the relevant business customer, supplier, business partner and/or investor necessary to deliver, accomplish and implement our services, business transactions and such other means necessary to you and your business
- From directors, officers, sole traders, shareholders and key stakeholders of our current and potential counter-parties
- Physical and electronic forms
- Meetings and engagements with you
- Anytime you update your profile
All of these are collected when necessary to fulfill such purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice.
Purposes of collected personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Business execution
- Maintaining our business relationship with you
- Researching, developing and improving products and/or services
- Concluding and executing agreements with you, including customers, suppliers and business partners
- Recording, reconciling and settling services, products, and materials within Phoenix and/or any of its subsidiaries
- Managing business relationships and marketing such as maintaining and promoting contact with you, existing and prospective customers
- Account management, customer service, and development
- Execution and analysis of market surveys and marketing strategies
- Direct marketing
- Organization and management of the business
- Financial and asset management
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Implementation of controls
- Management reporting, analysis, internal audits, and investigations
- Health, safety, and security
- Protection of an individual’s life or health
- Occupational health and safety
- Protection of Phoenix and its people
- Authentication of individual status and access rights
- Detection and prevention of fraud
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Comply with government laws and regulations
- Litigation and defense of claims
In those cases where processing is based on consent, and subject to applicable local law which provides otherwise, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time subject to limitation of processing.
The personal data we process are compatible with declared and specified purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice, which are not contrary to law, morals or public policy.
Storage, location and transmission of personal data
We store your personal data in a secure database which only authorized personnel have access to.
For physical documents, the location of our storage facilities are as follows:
- Davao: Phoenix Bulk Depot, Stella Hizon Reyes Rd., Bo. Pampanga, Lanang, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines 8000
- Manila: 15/F UDENNA Tower, Corner Rizal Dr. & 4th Ave., Bonifacio South Dist., Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634
We have implemented organizational, physical and technical security measures from which its objective is to protect your personal data and privacy from any violation of your rights as a data subject.
3rd party and cross-border transfers
Your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice and will only be shared on a strict basis where data is necessarily obtained to process any necessary business transaction or personnel progress or development:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries within the organization, including those located outside of your location
- Authorized 3rd party agents, service providers and/or our subcontractors
- Competent public authority, government, regulatory or fiscal agency
Whenever we transfer personal data to other jurisdiction, we ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this privacy notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws, and other relevant policies.
Retention and disposal
Your personal data is retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the latter was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
Your participation as a data subject
We are duty-bound to observe and respect your data privacy rights:
- The right to be informed that your personal data will be, are being, or were, collected and processed
- The right to access or find out whether we hold any personal data about you and if so, gain “reasonable access” to them
- The right to object if the personal data processing involved is based on consent or on legitimate interest
- The right to erasure or blocking to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data
- The right to damages or claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as a data subject provided clear and convincing proof of the same is produced
- The right to file a complaint with the NPC if you feel that your personal data has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated
- The right to rectify or dispute and have corrected any inaccuracy or error in the data we hold about you
- The right to data portability or obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your personal data in a secure manner, for further use
If you have any/further questions, clarifications or concerns related to the processing of your personal data or with this privacy notice, you can reach us by clicking here.
When necessary, we will assist you in locating the most appropriate personnel or business unit to resolve your inquiries.
If you have any issues or complaints related to the processing of your personal data, you can reach our DPO through the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Phoenix Bulk Depot, Stella Hizon Reyes Rd., Bo. Pampanga, Lanang, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines 8000
If you are unsatisfied with how we process your personal data, then you have the right to file a complaint with the NPC. You can click here to view their Mechanics for Complaints.