Motorist, Loyalty customer, Phoenix App user
This privacy notice provides information for individuals who are or were a retail customer, member of a loyalty program, website visitor and/or user of a digital application (hereinafter referred to as “app/s”) of Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc.
This privacy notice may be changed over time. You are advised to regularly review this for possible changes but if the changes are significant, we will notify you. This privacy notice was last updated on March 6, 2020.
The services we offer
Phoenix is a thriving nationwide network of retail and commercial channels with a wide range of products, services and business opportunities for both individual and industrial clients such as:
- Refined petroleum products and lubricants for retail and commercial channels, and bitumen used in asphalt
- Operation of oil depots, storage, and transport services
- Integrated logistics services including hauling and into-plane services of Jet A-1 fuels for airports and airlines
- FamilyMart convenience stores in the Philippines
- Phoenix SUPER LPG
- Financial services such as bills payment, money remittance, load, bank deposits, and other transactions through the Posible platform
- Phoenix Petroleum Singapore Pte. Ltd. for business trading in Southeast Asia and the rest of the world
- We also own and manage the Phoenix Fuel Masters which is a professional basketball team in the Philippine Basketball Association
Click here to know more about What We Do.
Personal data collected
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Data that you provide us when creating an account through our apps
- Personally identifiable information
- Contact/communication preferences
- Information necessary for answering any security questions
- Data necessary for the performance of such services as a loyalty member, app user and other services provided by us
- Authentication such as vehicle type and driver pattern
- Data that we obtain through your use of our services
- Transaction records, nature of inquiry and order details
- How and where you use or purchase our products and services
- Electronic device information, IP addresses, log information, browser type and preferences, location, online identifiers to enable ‘cookies’ and similar technologies
- Purchase history which includes the products you buy, the total amount of your purchases per transaction, the time and place of the purchases you make, and the payment method you use, including payment methods embedded in the app
- Data about your participation in our programs
- Submissions/registrations for contests/events
- Feedback on our products and services
- Type and description of the award you have chosen
- Amount of points you redeemed
- Frequency and time of redemption of your points
The personal data we collect are adequate, relevant, suitable, necessary and not excessive in relation to declared and specified purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice.
Method and timing of collection
We collect your personal data through the following means and occasions:
- Physical and electronic forms/cards
- Registering to and using the app
- Anytime you update your profile
- During surveys conducted and/or generated in our apps
- When you visit and navigate our website
All of these are collected when necessary to fulfill such purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice.
Purposes of collected personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining our relationship with you
- Account management and verification
- To conclude a transaction with you
- Customer experience and improvement
- Performance of and analysis of market surveys, and marketing strategies
- Promotions and contests offered by Phoenix, including those digital rewards to recognize you as our valued customer
- Direct marketing
- Detection and prevention of fraud
- Satisfy our obligations to comply with local laws and regulations
If you have provided your consent to receive such communication from us, and for which we analyze your participation, you may receive offers that are tailored towards your preferences based on your use of our services, your purchase history, your participation in promotions, surveys, our loyalty program and your use of our website, apps and other digital channels.
We may send you service updates and notifications without your advance consent that are necessary for the proper functioning of our apps and other services. You may also receive pertinent offers and communications from different channels for which you may also update your subscription preferences anytime for different digital channels.
The personal data we process are compatible with declared and specified purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice, which are not contrary to law, morals or public policy.
Storage, location and transmission of personal data
We store your personal data in a secure database which only authorized personnel have access to.
We have implemented organizational, physical and technical security measures from which its objective is to protect your personal data and privacy from any violation of your rights as a data subject.
3rd party and cross-border transfers
Your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice and will only be shared on a strict basis where data is necessarily obtained to process any necessary transaction or personnel progress or development:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries within the organization, including those located outside of your location
- Authorized 3rd party agents, service providers and/or our subcontractors
- Competent public authority, government, regulatory or fiscal agency
Whenever we transfer personal data to other jurisdiction, we ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this privacy notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws, and other relevant policies.
Retention and disposal
Your personal data is retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the latter was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
Your participation as a data subject
We are duty-bound to observe and respect your right to data privacy:
- The right to be informed that your personal data will be, are being, or were, collected and processed
- The right to access or find out whether we hold any personal data about you and if so, gain “reasonable access” to them
- The right to object if the personal data processing involved is based on consent or on legitimate interest
- The right to erasure or blocking to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data
- The right to damages or claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as a data subject provided clear and convincing proof of the same is produced
- The right to file a complaint with the NPC if you feel that your personal data has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated
- The right to rectify or dispute and have corrected any inaccuracy or error in the data we hold about you
- The right to data portability or obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your personal data in a secure manner, for further use
If you have any/further questions, clarifications or concerns related to the processing of your personal data or with this privacy notice, you can reach us by clicking here.
When necessary, we will assist you in locating the most appropriate personnel or business unit to resolve your inquiries.
If you have any issues or complaints related to the processing of your personal data, you can reach our DPO through the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Phoenix Bulk Depot, Stella Hizon Reyes Rd., Bo. Pampanga, Lanang, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines 8000
If you are unsatisfied with how we process your personal data, then you have the right to file a complaint with the NPC. You can click here to view their Mechanics for Complaints.