This privacy notice provides information for individuals who apply to work for, or who attend a recruitment event or undertake an assessment with Phoenix.
This privacy notice may be changed over time. You are advised to regularly review this for possible changes but if the changes are significant, we will notify you. This privacy notice was last updated on April 2, 2020.
The services we offer
In Phoenix, it is our Human Resources team’s mission to be the trusted strategic partner focused on providing exceptional people experience, and there’s no better way by starting with our job applicants through the recruitment process.
You can view more of what services our Human Resources team offers through our Current or former Phoenix employee, contractor, or dependent privacy notice.
If you are also a retail customer, member of a loyalty program, website visitor and/or user of a digital application of Phoenix, you can refer to our Motorist, Loyalty customer, Phoenix App user privacy notice.
Click here to know more about What We Do as an organization.
Personal data collected
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Personally identifiable information
- Nationality, racial and/or ethnic origin
- Emergency contact details
- Work and educational background
- Wage and benefits, including beneficiary information
- Work performance with current/previous employer
- Police and other related records, data, and declarations, if any
- Health data
- Video recordings and still pictures
- Management reporting and analysis, including statistical analysis and surveys, regarding the quality of the recruitment process
The personal data we collect are adequate, relevant, suitable, necessary and not excessive in relation to declared and specified purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice.
Method and timing of collection
We collect your personal data through our Human Resources Information System (hereinafter referred to as “HRIS”), and through physical and electronic forms.
We may collect from you video recordings and still pictures that feature you if you are in the field of vision of any of our installed Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and/or cameras used in our activities/events.
All of these are collected when necessary to fulfill such purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice.
Purposes of collected personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Assessing eligibility for positions and fitness to work, and provision facilities in the workplace to accommodate health problems
- Ensure equal employment opportunities as permitted or required by law
- Verification with current/previous employers and educational institutions
- Comply with government laws and regulations
- Health, safety and security purposes
- Adjustments to the recruitment process
To help exercise your privacy rights, no steps will be taken until you confirm the verification can take place.
The personal data we process are compatible with declared and specified purposes as stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice, which are not contrary to law, morals or public policy.
Storage, location and transmission of personal data
We store your personal data in a secure database which only authorized personnel have access to.
For physical documents, the location of our storage facilities are as follows:
- Davao: Phoenix Bulk Depot, Stella Hizon Reyes Rd., Bo. Pampanga, Lanang, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines 8000
- Manila: 15/F UDENNA Tower, Corner Rizal Dr. & 4th Ave., Bonifacio South Dist., Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634
We have implemented organizational, physical and technical security measures from which its objective is to protect your personal data and privacy from any violation of your rights as a data subject.
3rd party and cross-border transfers
Your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes stated in The services we offer and Purposes of collected personal data of this privacy notice and will only be shared on a strict basis where data is necessarily obtained to process any necessary transaction or personnel progress or development:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries within the organization, including those located outside of your location
- Authorized 3rd party agents, service providers and/or our subcontractors
- Competent public authority, government, regulatory or fiscal agency
Whenever we transfer personal data to other jurisdiction, we ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this privacy notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws, and other relevant policies.
Retention and disposal
Your personal data is retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the latter was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
Your participation as a data subject
We are duty-bound to observe and respect your right to data privacy:
- The right to be informed that your personal data will be, are being, or were, collected and processed
- The right to access or find out whether we hold any personal data about you and if so, gain “reasonable access” to them
- The right to object if the personal data processing involved is based on consent or on legitimate interest
- The right to erasure or blocking to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data
- The right to damages or claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as a data subject provided clear and convincing proof of the same is produced
- The right to file a complaint with the NPC if you feel that your personal data has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated
- The right to rectify or dispute and have corrected any inaccuracy or error in the data we hold about you
- The right to data portability or obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your personal data in a secure manner, for further use
If you have any/further questions, clarifications or concerns related to the processing of your personal data or with this privacy notice, you can reach us through the following:
- Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Davao - (082) 235 8888 local 149; Manila - (02) 403 4013 local 764
- Address: Davao - Phoenix Bulk Depot, Stella Hizon Reyes Rd., Bo. Pampanga, Lanang, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines 8000; Manila - 15/F UDENNA Tower, Corner Rizal Dr. & 4th Ave., Bonifacio South Dist., Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634
When necessary, we will assist you in locating the personnel or business unit who is most appropriate to resolve your inquiries.
If you have any issues or complaints related to the processing of your personal data, you can reach our DPO through the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Phoenix Bulk Depot, Stella Hizon Reyes Rd., Bo. Pampanga, Lanang, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines 8000
If you are unsatisfied with how we process your personal data, then you have the right to file a complaint with the NPC. You can click here to view their Mechanics for Complaints.